So what were some of the highlights of the day:
1. He gives his all week in week out in races and in training and the hard work is paying off. Knocking 9 minutes off his best time for the course – hands together for the lovable Tony ‘Madmax’ Maddocks – Tony Totally did Tank It!
2. He has not been with us long but boy is he quickly getting better and better....a great run from Mick Bell – never giving up and sticking in right to the end – great to see!
3. Bizarre, random, funny – call it what you like but certainly one of the moments of the day – Paul Borsberry running by (still running his heart out) with the sole from one of his shoes in his hand!
5. A brilliant race unfolding between Steve Armstrong and James Torbett – neck and neck the whole way round – each one not giving in until the bitter end – great to watch!
6. The coolest runner from Crook actually requesting the bell to be rung as he passed (love it!) and pointing out his leopard print cross country spikes on the final lap (love them!!)
8. Ruth who is just in the form of her life – great watching Ruth just simply loving her running!
9. Jo Armstrong finishing like a train in her first ever cross country – she couldn’t have picked a worse race Jo but she got through it and after a coffee and scone knew she would be back for more!!
10. Graham Armstrong refuelling after a hard run with a can of Fosters.....the fuel of athletes Graham (getting in preparation for his 50th Birthday party...don’t forget about it folks on 19th November!)
A great day – well done to all and thanks to the Wallsend spectating crew for being out in force again to cheer on the Green and Gold (particularly Holly!!)
Results to follow
Photos from the day click here